The successful candidate will join a team setting up and running MDENet, a new network (funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council in the United Kingdom) of experts in model-driven engineering, a branch of software engineering. MDENet aims to bring together research and practice in Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) in the UK and internationally. This will be achieved by generating new interdisciplinary research collaborations, producing and curating training material, and increasing awareness of opportunities created by MDE across the software industry. MDENet aspires to become the go-to source of information on MDE for the software industry and beyond.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the network, including communicating with members and external partners, managing the network website, reporting to the network management team, organising network-event logistics, and managing the administration of network funding programmes.
For more details please refer to: https://mde-network.org/jobs/network-administrator
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until 31 December 2023.
This is a part time post – 50% full time equivalent
This role is essential for the success of the network, ensuring a smooth running of the various services provided by the network on a day-to-day basis.
The network administrator will, inter alia:
- Work closely with the project team to ensure that the aims and objectives of the project are achieved in a timely and effective way.
- Communicate with network members and external contacts about network tasks and services.
- Undertake basic website administration (including managing the upload of materials, access rights etc.)
- Produce regular reports on key performance and impact indicators as defined by the network director, co-director, and network facilitator.
- Organise regular network events (annual conference, workshops, network meetings) including venue booking, catering, travel arrangements, payments.
- Ensure the timely dissemination of advertising materials to increase participation at network events, especially from stakeholders outside the network.
- Administer basic network tasks, including payments for and monitoring of the various funds.
- Create and maintain a repository of MDE researchers and practitioners in the UK.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- HNC, A level, NVQ 3, HND level or equivalent with vocational experience in a relevant area
- Broad vocational experience, acquired through a combination of job-related vocational training and considerable on-the-job experience, demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively more demanding relevant work/training.
- Expertise in public relations, business management
- Proficiency in standard office software (Office 365)
- Flexible approach to working
- Strong communication skills
- Highly organised
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (e.g., Computer Science or Management / Business Administration)
- Experience with web-based content-management systems
- Understanding of the fundamentals of financial administration
- Experience interacting with technical and non-technical partners across academia, industry, and policy
- Conference or event organisation
- Desire to develop knowledge, including a willingness to learn about the technical concepts of interest to the network