The Faculty PGR and Research Administrator will provide high quality administrative support to the Arts & Humanities Faculty Research team, the Associate Dean for Doctoral Studies in particular. The postholder will also support the effective liaison between the Faculty and LAHP (London Arts & Humanities Partnership for graduate students) across the component Departments of the Faculty and will feed into the various PGR networks at King’s to ensure that all doctoral students achieve research excellence and enjoy an enriching experience during their time with us. The postholder will also be supporting the professional services teams in the smooth running of all PGR related administrative and developmental activities, covering A&H specific training, careers advice etc.
There are three discrete, but interrelated areas of responsibility for the role holder:
(1) To provide dedicated professional services support to the Associate Dean for Doctoral Studies and the Faculty Research & Engagement Manager in A&H, facilitating liaison and coordination of all matters relating to doctoral research students across all parts of the Faculty and KCL.
(2) To support effective liaison between the LAHP team, the College’s Centre for Doctoral Studies and A&H.
(3) To provide general administrative support to the wider Faculty Research team, including the Vice-Dean for Research and Pro-Vice Deans for Impact and Research Culture
The Faculty PGR and Research Administrator will be line managed by the faculty’s Faculty Research & Engagement Manager. The role holder will be expected to develop close working relationships with academic and professional services staff in all areas of A&H, including colleagues from the education team, eg the PVD Postgraduate Education and the Student Experience Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a dynamic and collaborative role. The post holder should have strong communication skills, experience of administration (ideally in a higher education setting) and an acute eye for detail.
This post will be offered on a full-time, indefinite contract,
- Working closely with the Associate Dean for Doctoral Studies and A&H professional services staff to administer general PGR related tasks, including support with student record maintenance (such as maintaining and creating records on online databases) and distributing and answering enquiries as appropriate.
- To support Faculty wide research support initiatives, working closely with the senior Faculty research team as directed Faculty Research & Engagement Manager.
- To assist the Faculty Teams with range of PGR communication and information dissemination tasks and support with media channels (such as the Faculty intranet, websites, social media, and other media platforms).
- To support PGR student experience and community-building initiatives across the Faculty.
- To support the promotion and marketing of LAHP including promotional literature, recruitment activity and social media.
- Working closely with the A&H Associate Dean for Doctoral Studies to support the organisation of cohort and student training events hosted by the Faculty.
- To provide administrative support in scheduling and servicing PGR governance meetings and committees, and to participate and service other working groups and Faculty committees as directed by line management.
- To administer information management and file maintenance across platforms such as SharePoint.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. Skills in web platforms, standard office IT systems, including Word, Excel, Databases
2. Communication skills across multiple media platforms, including excellent written and spoken English
3. Excellent numerical and data management skills
4. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
5. Organisational/time management and prioritisation skills
6. Ability to multitask, work to different and competing priorities and demands
7. General administrative experience
8. Experience of maintaining website and experience in social media
9. Experience/understanding of committee servicing/minute-taking
10. Accurate work and attention to detail
1. Experience of working in higher education sector and familiarity with HE administration.
2. Experience using data management and content management systems.
More information about the Faculty can be found here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums
More information about the LAHP DTP can be found here: https://www.lahp.ac.uk/