The Practice Placement Development Coordinator will contribute to the development of high quality, practice education activity for (initially) Physiotherapy programmes within the School of Population Health & Environmental Sciences.
They will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of innovative practice education opportunities that support the expansion and sustainability of placements for allied health professional students within a community of learning and practice.
The post holder will work closely with the Head of Dept and Lead for Practice Education and should have an interest in multiprofessional working and practice based education.
Please complete as appropriate This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 12 months
This is a part-time post – 60% full time equivalent (21 hours per week)
- Supporting the delivery of Practice Placement expansion as outlined in the HEE Clinical Placement Expansion Project plan
- Supporting the development and implementation of innovative practice education models to enhance placement capacity in community and other services
- Supporting the commitment to diversity and inclusion for all educational opportunities for students and educators
- Leading on developing multiprofessional educational resources for students and practice educators
- Preparing reports regarding project progress in line with HEE reporting requirements
- Supporting Practice Educator training to enable educators to establish innovative placements and expand their placement capacity
- Leading the evaluation of practice placement initiatives implemented
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
AHP degree or similar
- Masters level qualification or relevant post-registration training
- Current HCPC or other appropriate registration
- Substantial experience of practice/work-based learning supervision
- Experience of and excellence in team-building and multi-professional working
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of leadership
- Knowledge of NHS, social care and Higher Education landscape
- Excellent digital skills (e.g. MS Office/MS Teams/mobile applications)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills & ability to work under pressure to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles of teaching and learning
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, actively addressing areas of potential bias
- Teaching qualification and/or Teaching experience in higher education and across different academic levels
- Understanding of blended and online teaching delivery
- Co-ordination and administration of educational modules
This is the section to outline any relevant additional information or application requirements, including if you want to specify information on the selection process or interview dates Further information
Candidates are strongly encouraged to specifically address the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification in their covering letter.