We are assembling a small team of talented development engineers to build pre-production prototypes in preparation for creating a university spinout company. This is a new initiative trialling a new way of working in which engineering development is embedded in a joint University and Hospital environment to allow a close coupled innovation cycle including deep clinical testing of emerging technologies.
The project, which is funded by the Wellcome Trust, will build on the successful iFIND program (www.iFINDproject.com) to develop AI enabled ultrasound for pregnancy screening. The iFIND program has produced disruptive technology and we need you to be part of the team that converts this into a pre-production prototype and to develop the technology further in a close coupled technical-clinical innovation cycle. Leading the research landscape in this domain we plan hyper-fast growth through a roll-out of our tools across the NHS and globally. Our models come directly out of state-of-the-art ML research. Prototype code is available and data access to over 20k manually labelled patient records has been approved and is in place. We use a varieties of technologies including React, Python, Docker, Postgres, Pytorch, C++, android/iOS, git.
We’re looking for an experienced senior software development professional who can be productive fast and who could take a key role in the founding team of a subsequent spiout company that we propose to form in 2022. The post will be primarily based within KCL at the St. Thomas’s hospital Campus.
Important: We are NOT looking for an agency or project manager who is going to outsource the development. Please state in the application the role/ level of interest
The post will be full time (100% FTE) and offered on an a fixed-term contract to 30 June 2023
- Develop the architecture that powers our AI and integrations
- Build the new infrastructure that empowers our engineers and clinician to manage, deploy and test our new features and services into production.
- Participate in active clinical testing of the technology being developed and take a strong role in driving the technical response to that testing in order to enhance and focus the prototypes
- Contribute to new engineering policies and procedures with scaling in mind
- Train and support the people around you
- Take charge as one of the key technical authorities in the project, representing our product, infrastructure, and security measures to clients, partners, and industry.
- Support regulatory and compliance processes needed for CE/UK-CA Marking and FDA approval, including working according to the processes and procedure of our in house QMS system
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Extensive programming experience including:
- b. Frameworks: Pytorch, Tensorflow, Qt, Node.js
- c. Software product development experience
2. Version control with git
3. Able to break down and solve complex problems
1. Machine learning work-flow experience
2. Clinical prototype design
3. Ultrasound image analysis/hardware experience
4. Knowledge of QMS and ISO 13485 experience
5. Android/iOS development experience (Java ☆)
6. Defining processes/principles
7. Conducting code reviews
8. Designing pipelines.
9. Created product from start to finish as part of a start-up or SME
Interview date will be confirmed after shortlisting has been completed.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service and Occupational Health clearance.