We seek to recruit and enthusiastic and highly motivated research assistant to work in the labs of Dr Katie Doores and Prof Michael Malim in the Department of Infectious Diseases at King’s College London.
We are looking for a MRes/MSc or BSc level researcher with hands on experience in serological assays and tissue culture. The successful candidate will work as part of a collaborative team studying the immune response to SARS-CoV-2. The candidate will conduct serological assays with patient samples and cell-based neutralization assays and contribute towards antigen and antibody expression and purification.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31st March 2022.
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent .
- To provide technical support for SARS-CoV-2 related research.
- To conduct serological assays to investigate humoral immune responses to SARS-CoV-2.
- Maintain mammalian cell lines.
- Carry out cell-based virus neutralization assays.
- Express and purify viral antigens and virus-specific antibodies.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- BSc or equivalent in a biomedical, biological, or biochemical field.
- Experience with laboratory work.
- Ability to maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new techniques.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible and co-operative.
- Masters level degree ideally in a biomedical, biological, or biochemical field.
- Experience with serological assays, protein expression and purification.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including PCR and DNA preparation.
- Experience with tissue culture and transfection of mammalian cells