King’s Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King’s College London. We are looking to recruit two outstanding candidates, with an interest in Entrepreneurship or Innovation Studies to join the Strategy Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (SIME) Group.
The Strategy, International Management and Entrepreneurship Group has a strong research reputation in developing theory, methods, and knowledge to advance our understanding of business, innovation, and entrepreneurial activity in an international institutional context. Research comprises four core themes: (1) international business, and comparative business and management, (2) global strategies for sustainability and corporate social responsibility, (3) knowledge-intensive firms, innovation, and appropriability, and (4) entrepreneurship from a comparative and social dimension. Not only has the group built extensive research networks through international collaborations, but it has a strong commitment to developing research impact through links with relevant policymakers and practitioners. Group members regularly publish in leading journals in management, international business, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
The School places a premium on international levels of scholarship and research excellence, and you will be expected to play a role in the standing and development of the Group in this regard.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to high quality research in entrepreneurship and/or innovation studies and will be able to contribute excellent teaching to the development of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Teaching commitments, for instance, include teaching on the new MSc in Medical Technology (MedTech) Innovation and Entrepreneurship – an exciting collaboration between two world leading faculties at King’s. Specifically, the programme brings together King’s strengths in entrepreneurship and innovation in King’s Business School and in medical technologies in the School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences (Faculty of Medical and Life Science). The successful candidates will lead and contribute to entrepreneurship and innovation modules on this programme, which starts in September 2022, and related teaching on on King’s Business School undergraduate programmes. Knowledge, experience, or interest and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and innovation in a healthcare and medical context is an advantage.
You should hold a PhD in a relevant field, have a high-quality track record of publications in leading refereed journals and in securing research income.
The job is offered on a full time indefinite basis.
- To take a role in the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- To undertake high-quality research in the subject area, to publish the findings in highly rated internationally recognised journals and to participate in the major internationally recognised academic networks.
- To carry out a range of academic management duties as requested by the Executive Dean.
- Sustain high-quality research activity through a portfolio of individual and/or joint research projects and to secure the funding required for this research as required.
- Supervise postgraduate research students and/or research staff and to provide mentoring support to junior colleagues.
- Attend meetings and conferences to present research findings and thereby enhance the national and international standing of the School.
- Take responsibility for the planning, organisation and delivery of both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities within the School.
- Develop and use a variety of methods to assess student learning and provide feedback that is timely, relevant and appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required by the Head of Group.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. PhD in relevant subject area (awarded)
2. Appropriate list of relevant publications and evidence of world-class research capacity and research experience
3. Significant experience of developing research projects on collaborative funding bids
4. Significant experience of teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
5. Significant experience of carrying out academic administration
6. Significant experience of being innovative in teaching and curriculum design
7. Engagement in professional organisations (conference papers, workshops, memberships)
8. Willingness to contribute to the pastoral case of students
1. Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in the Faculty and university
2. Experience of being a team player