Senior Scrum Master
IT Portfolio Management
King’s College London are currently looking for an experienced Senior Scrum Master to facilitate and coach dedicated Agile teams delivering a range of exciting technology transformations.
King’s has committed to a significant capital investment to improve IT infrastructure and services throughout the College. As a Senior Scrum Master, you will need to be a dynamic, driven, and high performing individual.
You will guide Scrum teams, and the organisation, on how to use Agile and Scrum practices and values to delight customers. You will manage timelines, resolve problems, and coach team members on Agile methodologies. Ultimately, you’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints. You will also facilitate the initiation of new Scrum teams.
The successful candidate will be expected to build relationships across a wide stakeholder community and business partners. They will be highly motivated and organised to ensure the Scrum teams are delivering to the highest quality and delivering true benefit to the organisation.
The role will be responsible for Scrum Masters and will be responsible to the Head of Portfolio.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
- Build mutual respect with, and develop a highly motivated, collaborative, client-focussed and high-performing delivery team.
- Ensure the team is working to an agreed mission, aligned to strategic business objectives.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of the team and its individual members and highlight where strengthening and change is required.
- Confidently facilitate Scrum rituals & workshops enabling teams to deliver value.
- Coach teams on Agile/Scrum principles and values.
- Help to identify and remove impediments & blockers.
- Assist management in shaping the Organisation’s Agile journey.
- Act as a servant leader to several teams, leading by example.
- Aid teams to effectively identify, plan and implement successful outcomes of work packages and projects.
- Provide reports and updates to senior management.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Education to degree standard and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- Accreditation in Scrum Master certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Professional Scrum master (PSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Other.
- Significant experience of leading Scrum and Agile development teams with experience of different methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Experience of setting up and establishing new Scrum and Agile teams
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Significant line management experience
- Ability to identify and manage priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate confidently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Experience working within SAFe environment
- Appreciation of the contemporary problems and issues facing the HE sector