About the team
Our Student Services division is comprised of teams who focus on delivering specialist support, advice and guidance for our students.
The teams offer support directly to our students and engages staff across the College through advice and training, offering support and guidance to signpost students to the most appropriate specialist service.
About the role
The Student Wellbeing and Welfare team, sits within Student Services and is seeking a well organised and enthusiastic Student Wellbeing Officer.
The role will play a crucial part in coordinating the work of our Student Services teams. By ensuring a cohesive set of administrative systems, across our directorate, this role will greatly enhance the way students access our services.
The role will line manage our Student Wellbeing Administrator and the 2x’s Student Services Coordinators, so line management experience is preferable.
If you have previous experience in a student administrative or customer facing role, as well as excellent IT know-how, impeccable communication skills and a clear passion to aide others in their learning, we want to hear from you. This role is a perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about supporting others. You will provide administrative assistance to the Faculty Welfare and wellbeing Team to help support students with a range of study, personal and welfare & wellbeing issues.
You will be joining a dynamic, passionate, and supportive work environment; working with a team of advisors who are all dedicated to the support and success of all students.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract contract
This is a full-time post
- Coordinating the team’s finances, including raising purchase orders and approving requisitions
- Manage the Front Desk staffing rota for Student Services
- Coordinate room-bookings for shared Student Services office space
- Act as the liaison between Estates and Facilities/Health and Safety for all shared Student Services spaces
- Support Staff induction/welcome for new Student Services colleagues
- Maintain a Student Services office management handbook
- Act as line-manager for the Student Wellbeing Administrator and 2x’s Student Services Coordinators
- Provide administrative oversight for the Student Wellbeing and Welfare team’s activities, including supporting event organisation, campaigns and initiatives and attending training.
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and up-to-date records and minutes in relation to staff meetings, student communications and support whilst ensuring compliance with data protection legislation (GDPR).
- Assisting with the development of online resources to help staff and students access support and guidance
- Create periodic engagement reports for students accessing our services, this may include collating feedback and evaluation from service users.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Proven high level administrative experience in a busy student services environment.
- Experience of dealing with students/customers in difficult situations.
- Experience of financial/ procurement procedures, i.e., purchase orders.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using a range of software and databases (e.g. Microsoft Office). Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to deal effectively with internal and external staff and a wide range of users with discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Self-motivated with ability to work using initiative without close supervision as well as co-operatively as a part of a team.
- Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and experience running reports.
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A comprehensive understanding of GDPR.
- Experience of using student record databases (SITS).
- Experience of MS teams.