King’s Business School is the ninth and newest faculty at King’s College London, emerging out of the renowned School of Management & Business. We are looking to recruit an outstanding candidate, capable of teaching HRM to join the Human Resource Management Group. The School places a premium on international levels of scholarship and research excellence, and you will be expected to play a role in the standing and development of the Group in this regard.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to contribute excellent teaching to the development of our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. You should hold, or be near completion of, a PhD in Human Resource Management or Organisational Behaviour
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as they are currently under-represented within the faculty at this level.
• To take a role in the planning, organisation and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
• To carry out administration as requested by the Head of Group
• Take responsibility for the planning, organisation and delivery of both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching activities within the School
• Develop and use a variety of methods to assess student learning and provide feedback that it timely, relevant and appropriate
• Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Head of Group
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Some experience of teaching at Undergraduate and Postgraduate level
• Evidence of good presentational skills
• Some experience of being innovative in teaching and curriculum design
• Engagement in professional organisations (conference papers, workshops, memberships)
• Some experience of carrying out academic administration
• Experience of being a team player
• Willingness to contribute to the pastoral care of students
• PhD awarded, or in process of being submitted, in relevant subject area
• Desire to promote the subject at all levels
Willingness to collaborate with colleagues in the Faculty and university