This role will support the development and delivery of technology enhanced learning (TEL) within the Faculty of Natural, Mathematical and Engineering Sciences (NMES), working with the King’s Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning.
This will include supporting e-learning innovations that improve the user experience and assisting with the training of academic and professional services staff. The successful candidate will have a passion for technology enhanced learning and will be able to inspire and support the drive for continuous improvement. The post-holder will act as the second-line support within the Faculty for the College’s virtual learning environment (VLE), KEATS, alongside other teaching and learning platforms.
The post-holder will work within the NMES Faculty Education Team and will be responsible to the Faculty Technology Enhanced Learning Manager.
At King’s, we are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that the university is an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work and study, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. King’s offers inclusive benefits to staff including flexible working, Enhanced Parental Leave, funds for Parents and Carers and the potential to join community staff networks. The Faculty of Natural, Mathematical and Engineering Sciences is committed to embedding good diversity and inclusion practice into all of its activities. It actively supports the creation and maintenance of a community that allows all of its members to develop their full potential.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support via the Faculty TEL Service Desk (on rotation).
- Providing synchronous and asynchronous follow-up TEL training and support to academic staff in the Faculty.
- Working closely with academic and professional services colleagues to help embed learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment activities.
- Supporting academic and professional services staff on the creation, delivery and marking of Online Assessments.
- Supporting the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the effective use of learning technologies.
- Working with Education Solutions and the Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning teams to aid the delivery of strategic digital education projects.
- Supporting the TEL Manager and the Faculty Education Team in TEL projects.
- Communicating project activities, departmental news and service status to stakeholders via face-to-face and online means.
- Actively liaising with other TEL staff across the College enabling exchange of ideas and experience including the design and implementation of new systems and increased efficiency.
- Remaining abreast of latest technological developments, including hardware/software that may be useful for a particular project or across a number of projects and participates in the testing and evaluation of those.
- Any other reasonable duties as specified by the Faculty Technology Enhanced Learning Manager, including deputising in relevant fora.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Highly proficient IT skills (Outlook, Excel, Word) and the ability to quickly learn how to use new software/functionality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage effectively with a range of stakeholders, both within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Practical and detailed knowledge of the use of a range of functionality within a VLE (e.g. Moodle).
- Experience of supporting and/or managing projects through to completion.
- Ability to comprehend complex situations quickly.
- Ability to work independently and proactively and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Experience of using Turnitin, Kaltura, Echo360 and MS Teams.
- Experience of facilitating face-to-face training for staff and producing learning /training materials for different audiences.
- Experience in online education, educational development and/or content creation.
This post is subject to Occupational Health clearance.