We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £22,254 -£23,487, with progression to£25,627per annum
Closing Date: 03 October 2021
As a member of the SAgE Project Support Team, you will have responsibility for a range of administration tasks and supporting the financial management of projects (Research and Non Research) across the Faculty. This will include providing support throughout the full research project life cycle, from inception to completion.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to Team Leads Jodi Wrightson Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org or Joanne Rea email@example.com
Please ensure you upload a covering letter with your CV. Only applications received via the Newcastle University website will be considered for shortlisting
- To support a range of administration tasks including shared mailbox management, team meetings and work distribution
- Liaise with project leads to assist in the costing of projects following recognised principles and guidelines and using appropriate systems e.g. NUProjects
- Support the financial administration of research grant applications providing advice on external funder regulations
- Provide advice and guidance on post award finance queries across the Faculty and ensure compliance with agreed University / Faculty standards
- Support the Project Business Partner to ensure effective control and adherence to both University and external sponsor’s regulations, policies and procedures is maintained within the Faculty
- To carry out a range of management accounting tasks as part of the Faculty finance team
- To undertake any other duties of a relevant nature as required by the Faculty Finance Business Partner
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- You should have recent relevant experience of working in a financial environment and experience of working with large financial systems. It is desirable that you have experience of project accounting including project costing and experience of management accounting/reporting including financial management of projects
- The successful candidate will good interpersonal skills and possess excellent oral and written communication skills and high level of numeracy in order to interpret and explain financial data effectively
- You will have the ability to work quickly and accurately, with attention to detail, to time in order to meet monthly and quarterly financial deadlines
- You will have well developed IT skills to manipulate data in spreadsheets and databases and it is desirable that you have some experience in SAP financial systems
Attributes and Behaviour
- Communicates effectively using appropriate methods to exchange factually correct, clear and concise information
- An effective team player, highly motivated, organised and adaptive to change
- Enthusiastically assists with team workload, sharing relevant information and contributing to team decisions
- Works in a planned and structured way, prioritising tasks to ensure workload and deadlines are met
- Uses skills, knowledge and experience to resolve actual problems and to anticipate and avoid potential problems
- Is committed to delivering a high quality service to both colleagues and customers through attention to detail and a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grades A to C (including Maths and English) or equivalent by experience
- It is desirable that you are educated to A Level standard or hold an AAT (or equivalent) qualification
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
We understand how important the full employment package is to our colleagues at Newcastle University and we are committed to providing a great range of benefits and discounts for all. You can learn more about what is available here on ourBenefitsWebsite page.
Requisition ID: 11885