We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £19,133 – £21,236per annum
Closing Date:Sunday 13June 2021
You will work in your role as Administration Offcier, as part of the wider Business Support Team in the Accommodation Service.
Your role will involvesupporting all aspects of the allocation and management of accommodation and the collection and processing of income.
Please be advised that when theapplication closes we will be sending out to all who apply online assessments which will need completing to enable applications to go forward.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Gillian Adamson(Assistant Manager (Income & Systems) via email:email@example.com
For further information about Student Services and Accommodation Services at Newcastle University see:
- Respond to enquiries on behalf of the Allocations Team and Credit Control Team, from prospective/ current students and parents via web form, email, telephone and in person. Offer advice, guidance and excellent customer service. Where appropriate, refer specialised queries to the appropriate team.
- Work with a variety of software systems including Kinetics, SAP, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Disseminate information to students on behalf of the teams and support the updating of databases/ student records, processing withdrawals/ suspensions, chasing expired accommodation offers, assisting with room transfer requests, performing system checks, filing and archiving.
- Assist the Credit Control team with issuing invoices and advanced payment notices, ensuring all procedures are carried out in accordance with University financial regulations. To assist with the transfer of charges to the student rent account and proactively contact customers who are due refunds.
- Support the teams in the pursuit of debt recovery, by sending standardised letters and emails to customers with rent arrears.
- To process staff/ visitor accommodation requests and meet the requirements of the customer.
- To promote the service by providing support and advice to prospective students and parents attending University Open Days and Intake Days.
- To adhere to a range of policies and procedures and as and where appropriate, make recommendations to improve efficiency and streamline processes to support best practice.
- Fully support the Service’s commitment to training by participating in coursesand/or events to develop personal skill levels and knowledge to perform duties of the post.
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven administrative experience in a busy customer service environment and commitment to deliver excellent customerservice
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload & meetdeadlines
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using a range of software and proficient in working with computerdatabases
- Able to work effectively as a member of the team and to develop effective working relationships with colleagues and externalcontacts
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information appropriately, to adhere to GDPRlegislation
- Must be available to work overtime at key times to meet the needs of thebusiness
Attributes and Behaviour
- Strives to deliver high qualityresults
- Has apostiveattitude for doing thingsbetter
- Pays attention todetail
- Keeps fellow team members up to date withprogress
- Is enthusiastic in getting the job done ontime
Planning & Organising
- Works in a planned and structured way
- Ensures that allactivitiesare completed ontime
- Uses systems and tools to ensure records and audit trails are clear and up todate
- Plans workload and tasks in a systematicway
- Ensures that others know how process and systemswork
- Clear and concise; gets the message across toothers
- Chooses communication tools appropriatelye.g.selective use of emails and other channels ofcommunication
- Tailorscontent of communication to the audience
- Is factually correct and gives consistent verbal andnon-verbalmessages
- Gathers relevant information andfacts
- Is thorough in investigating an issue; ‘no stone left unturned’approach
- Has an eye for detail, spotting errors and ensuringaccurate information
- Keeps up to date with Universityissues
A minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A-C (including English & Maths)/ NVQ level 2, or equivalentstandard
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 6821