We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £31,406 to £33,309, with progression to £40,927per annum
Closing Date: 23 September 2021
Newcastle University Business School is seeking an Alumni Relations Manager. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of the Business School Alumni Strategy.
You will have experience of developing, managing and delivering a strategy in a relevant relationship management role, as well as professional networking skills and ability to develop and shape effective relationships with partners/customers.
Newcastle University Business School is located in Newcastle City Centre and at the gateway to the Newcastle Helix, a £350million partnership between Newcastle University, Newcastle City Council and Legal and General, where business meets Science.
Home to 4000 students, Newcastle University Business School is one of an elite group of Business Schools worldwide to hold triple accreditation from the three internationally recognised accreditation bodies: AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS. This places the School in the top 1% of business schools worldwide and is testament to our reputation for Teaching and Research. Our vision is to be globally renowned for the Future of Work and developing students for a future they can shape.
For more information about Newcastle University Business School, please visit our website https://www.ncl.ac.uk/business-school/
For enquiries regarding the role contact Neil.Gardner@ncl.ac.uk
Develop the Business School’s alumni network.
- Developing a relevant and compelling alumni offer
- Developt the school’s alumni network
- Promote, strengthen and increase the School’s alumni network with a view to raising the profile of the Business School and its activities
- Build awareness and visibility of the Alumni Network with current students, promoting the benefits and creating a cohesive student journey from induction through to graduation and beyond
- Deliver a comprehensive programme of events and engagement opportunities for alumni in priority regions
Contribute to the Business School’s objectives. (including)
- Develop and implement an alumni focussed rankings and accreditation strategy
- Identify, cultivate and manage a portfolio of senior alumni with potential to be significant ambassadors and contributors of the future
- Source alumni contributions to the Business School’s programmes
- Source alumni support for current Business School’s students, though placements and mentoring (etc.)
Managing the Business School’s alumni relations activities.
- Manage the Business School’s alumni database
- Manage the portfolio of alumni communications
- Manage the School’s alumni relations budget
- Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of Alumni campaigns, communications and events, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Foster a strong relationship with NU Advancement, ensuring strategies and activities are aligned and complementary
- Be willing and available to travel extensively in the UK and internationally
- Other duties, as defined by line manager, which support the successful achievement of Business School vision, strategy and operations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven ability and experience of developing, managing and delivering strategy in a relevant relationship management role
- Experience of professional networking and proven ability to develop and shape effective relationships with partners/customers
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills with an ability to write for multimedia print and digital marketing, ensuring the style is appropriate to the medium, message and audience
- Experience of market research and competitor analysis with the ability to undertake research and collect, manage and interpret data
- Excellent project management skills, including time management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines
- Experience and understanding of customer relationship management
- Experience of budget management
- Understanding and awareness of alumni relations and development within a Higher Education setting. (desirable)
- Awareness of current issues affecting Higher Education, in particular an understanding of international issues and complexities. (desirable)
Attributes and Behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of staff and to work well within and across teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Proven ability to use initiative, think strategically and to adopt a creative approach to problem solving
- Degree or equivalent level qualification plus experience in a similar role or significant vocational experience, demonstrating development through progressively more demanding, relevant roles
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
We understand how important the full employment package is to our colleagues at Newcastle University and we are committed to providing a great range of benefits and discounts for all. You can learn more about what is available here on ourBenefitsWebsite page.
Requisition ID: 10932