We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £18,709.00 – £19,133.00per annum
Closing Date:30 June 2021
Based within Estates Support Services, you will undertake a variety of portering, as well as supporting the cleaning team if required.
You will support the function of the Estates office by providing a range of services to Academic, Administrative and Service departments as an individual or as part of the team, undertaking specified duties to service level standards and customer service standards.
Experience of working as part of a team, and in a customer focused environment is essential. You must also have a flexible approach to working and be willing to work towards NVQ Level or similar qualification.
A current clean driving licence is desirable.
It is a requirement of the post that you, as part ofyour working weekcan work shifts between 0700 – 2300hrs and willing to work weekends, evenings, Bank Holidays and University Closure Days to cover University business, as and when required.
For informal enquiries contact Jeanette Trewick (Building Facilities Manager) via telephone:on 0191 2085 479.
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Experience of working in an educational or large organisation
- Physically able to carry out the duties of the position – regular bending, lifting, moving around a large building or complex
- Willing to undertake work pattern as required by the Service including overtime
- Able to work unsocial hours
Attributes and Behaviour
- Looking to the future (embracing change) – Actively participates in the change process to allow the service to evolve
- Inspiring others (Communicating) – Clear and concise, gets the message across to others
- Working Together (Team Working) – Willing to help others and share workloads
- Taking Responsibility (planning and organising) – Works in a planned and structured way
- Numerate and literate
- Must be willing to work towards NVQ level 2 or similar qualification
- BICSc or COPC or similar cleaning qualification
- Ability to use rotary floor cleaning equipment
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 7522