We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £31,003 – £52,090
Closing Date: 25 June 2021
TheSchool of Dental Sciencesis looking for a suitably qualified dentist for the role of Clinical Teaching Fellow. The post holder will be expected to make a significant contribution to the clinical teaching within the School and teaching duties may be within a range of clinical disciplines, dependant on the needs of the programmes.
It is essential that you have a BDS (or equivalent), an academic teaching qualification or equivalent, detailed knowledge of general dentistry applicable to undergraduate curriculum and significant experience of UK General Dental Practice beyond Foundation Training Level. You will have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and have a strong commitment to develop your teaching and management skills.
Further information about the School of Dental Science can be found atwww.ncl.ac.uk/dental/
This is a full time, fixed term post (36 months).
Informal enquires may be made to Dr Rachel Green at Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute to the delivery of an exceptional educational experience in both undergraduate programmes within the School (BDS and BSc in Oral and Dental Health Sciences) but may on occasion be required to deliver teaching within one of our postgraduate programmes.
- Take an active and significant role in the development and delivery of clinical teaching. Teaching duties may be within a range of clinical disciplines, dependant on the needs of the programmes and skill set of the successful applicant, but it is envisaged that for this post, they will be predominantly within Oral Surgery involving clinical training and supervision of both simple and surgical exodontia.
- Make a contribution to the pastoral support of students.
- Fully engage with quality asssurance and enhancement processes within the School and carry out administrative tasks and other duties to support the educational programme.
- Identify and undertake a programme of professional development.
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Evidence of relevant formal post-graduate training (for example completion of Dental Foundation Training or equivalent).
- Demonstrable technical/clinical skills and experience in dentistry.
- Experience of teaching in a dental clinical setting.
- Broad understanding of the UG programmes within the School.
Attributes and Behaviour
- Evidence of the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of the ability to meet deadlines and to manage conflicting priorities.
- Understanding and commitment to the University’s education strategy, mission and engagement strategy.
- Commitment to own personal development, including a strong desire to develop educational skills.
- Current and full registration with the United Kingdom General Dental Council.
- HE Teaching qualification (or equivalent experience).
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 8943