We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £25,941 – £30,046 per annum
Closing Date: 2 March 2021
A fantastic opportunity if you enjoy working with digital content and would relish the opportunity to coordinate the production of digital content, as well as the creation and editing of content, for a range of higher education student recruitment activities to engage and enthuse prospective students from both the UK and around the world.
You will support the Marketing and Student Recruitment Manager responsible for delivering student recruitment events and lead on coordinating the production of digital content to showcase our courses, facilities and the student experience. You will also support digital skills training for colleagues and with the delivery of events on the day. You will also provide support for website development projects.
For further information about this post or to have an informal, confidential chat please contact Katrina Savage, Head of Student Recruitment & Marketing at Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is full time, fixed term for 6 months.
- Work with the Faculty marketing and student recruitment team and School colleagues to deliver virtual student recruitment events and activities for prospective students
- Coordinate the production of subject level digital video content for virtual recruitment events to maximise awareness and attractiveness of our course offering, including: Course overview; School facilities tours; Student experience Vlogs; Module insights; Meet the academics and Alumni case studies
- Coordinate the development and delivery of digital live streaming recruitment activities, including: Student, staff and alumni Q&A panels; Virtual campus and facility tours; Interactive taster sessions and Live chat
- Use internal and external research insights to inform the development of digital content created for student recruitment purposes
- Training and digital upskilling of staff and student ambassadors so that they can produce content themselves and take part in online recruitment activities and offer them ongoing support and advice
- Support the online setup of virtual student recruitment events, for example, building landing pages and setting up live sessions, and contribute to the monitoring, measuring and evaluation of events using digital analytics tools
- Create copy for online event platforms and associated website and landing pages and use SEO principles to maximise the reach of content
- Strengthen market position and awareness of faculty subjects to prospective enquirers through digital content creation including subject focused application, interview and portfolio advice videos, as well as content for social media and third party advertising
- Repurpose digital student recruitment content for a range of digital channels including the University website, email communications, and social media
- Support the digital content creation required to deliver a postgraduate course page project to improve the user experience
- Support the delivery of a project to improve the Faculty website through digital content and copy collation and creation, and in collaboration with the central marketing team
- Source, commission and edit photography, video and other graphic assets for student recruitment online activities and website projects
- Develop close working relationships with colleagues in the Faculty Marketing and Student Recruitment team, and the central Marketing and Student Recruitment teams
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in collating creating/writing and editing digital content for a range of digital platforms
- Experience in sourcing, commissioning, preparing briefs for, and editing photography, video and other graphic assets
- Excellent digital copywriting skills and experience of writing engaging and accessible content
- Good understanding of the importance and best practice of Search Engine Optimisation
- Experience in using web content management systems, editing software and digital publishing platforms
- Experience in working in the higher education sector within a marketing or student recruitment role (Desirable)
- Experience in training and digitally upskilling others (Desirable)
- Experience of supporting delivery of online events (Desirable)
- Awareness and understanding of issues relating to digital communications including understanding digital rights usage and copyright (Desirable)
Attributes and Behaviour
- Gathering information – gathers a broad range of relevant information from internal and external sources making this information widely available. Uses information to gain competitive advantage
- Communicating – uses clear, concise and accurate communication, tailoring the approach accordingly and encouraging a two-way communication process
- Understanding others – understands colleagues, students and other stakeholders
- Creativity – can to develop creative ideas and transform them into practical reality
- Team working – Works collaboratively with others, plays a positive role in teams and establishes and grows relationships across the organisation where different skills, expertise and opinions are valued
- A relevant degree or equivalent educational qualification and/or relevant work experience
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 5841