We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £31,406 – £33,309 with progression to £40,927 perannum
Closing Date: 13 December 2021
An exciting new role working on leading cloud-based technologies has come up within the University.
The Microsoft Dynamics Analyst Developer is to become a subject matter expert within MS Dynamics and the Power Platform. Initially working on our admissions systems. You will analyse business requirements (including User Stories) and develop within MS Dynamics to meet those requirements.
You will be working on dynamic fast paced projects, so should be comfortable with Agile ways of working.
You will need the ability to form effective collaborative relationships with diverse teams (technical and non-technical) across the University, as are solid analytical, logical and problem-solving skills and good attention to detail. The accountabilities you will learn to have will be to understand the fundamentals of MSD power platforms, understand and use power automate, understand and create flows, load and manage reference data, build and integrate custom API’s for PowerApp integration.
You will take responsibility for your own work, seeking and accepting help and guidance where necessary. You must also be willing to contribute to the success of the team through sharing your knowledge and experience and providing cover and support.A willingness to learn new technologies, as appropriate, is important.
Experience in the Dynamics / Power Platform is desirable. However, a good attitude and the willingness and demonstrable aptitude to learn the required technical skills is also highly valued.
For informal enquiries please contact Dave Sharples, Head of Software Engineering and Enterprise Solutions on 0191 2088097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two posts which are full time, permanent positions.
- Design and development of new applications and of new functionality to enhance and augment existing applications using a mixture of development tools and methodologies- this encompasses both businessanalysis and softwaredevelopment
- Continuously update applications to:
– Identify and fix defects
– Maintain support for dependent software components
– Ensure adherence to security standards and best practices
– Ensure compatibility with underlying infrastructure provision
- Assist other teams and stakeholdersthrough changefacilitation using the standard university tools and processes (e.g. Azure DevOps, Service Desk, CAB) to ensure adherence to University strategy
- Support the automation of application lifecycle processes like testing, deployment and monitoring to increase quality, robustnessand return-on-investment of applications using DevOps techniques
- Takepartin the codereview/peer review process to drive up qualityand to encourage the sharing of best practices across the team
- Actasa software development subjectmatter expert (SME) andusethisknowledgeto deliver excellence inoperational support,projectand change delivery and help in defining the future strategy and assist the team manager in delivering the overall service
- Work with business representatives fromacross theuniversitytopromote business ownership into the developmentprocessand to buildpositive relationships with stakeholders
- Ensure any issues are escalated efficiently and ensure management is aware of any issues and the consequences thereof
- Act as a software development SME and use this knowledge to deliver excellence in operational support, project and change
- Understandthe TechnologyRoadmap andassist in itsimplementation asdirected
- Deliver any project or change related activity as part of wider NUIT or NU project teams as required
- Ensure that policies, standards, procedures and guidelines are followed
- Any other reasonable duties that fall within the scope of the post, as allocated by the line manager
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in software development and support team in a similar size and complexity organisation
- Technical background in the software development technologies used by NUIT, cloud computing and application development
- Experience of delivering software development and support services to a target customer base
- Experience of working with third party vendors and delivering an effective service using their services
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and implement new and innovative technologies to support customer needs, drive up quality and improve processes and value
- Able to demonstrate focus on customer needs.
- A working knowledge of Cyber-security processes and practices
Attributes and Behaviour
- Encourages and facilitates collaboration, co-operation and results
- Inspires, motivates and guides team members
- Supports organisational change to improve services and processes, in support of University goals and strategy
- Mobilises themselves to support and enable change efforts
- Analyses situations quickly and effectively to determine the best way to deliver the required result
- Keeps their technical knowledge up to date and has a wider understanding of the technology landscape inside and outside their area
- Sets and accomplishes challenging goals
- Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing it well
- Leads by example taking accountability for delivering high quality outcomes
- A relevant technical qualification (degree equivalent) or equivalent technical experience
Job Summary Categories
• Business Analysis
• Application configuration
• Application development and support
• Database management and support
• Procurement and Supplier Management
• SWDN – Level 5
• DESN – Level 5
• DLMG – Level 5
• SINT – Level 5
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
We understand how important the full employment package is to our colleagues at Newcastle University and we are committed to providing a great range of benefits and discounts for all. You can learn more about what is available here on ourBenefitsWebsite page.
Requisition ID: 13961