We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £26,341 – £27,924per annum, with progression to £30,497 per annum, pro rata
Closing Date: 24September 2021
Thispostisbased in Learning and Teaching Development Service’sEducational GovernanceTeam, working in partnership with staff and students to support the delivery, and enhancement, of ahigh-qualitystudent learning experience.
You will play an important role supporting the management of programme and module related data; the operation of student surveysincludingassisting in the creation and production of a range ofdata/statisticalreports; andelements of the institutional quality assurance framework.
A UK degree or equivalent together with anup to dateknowledge of learning and teaching in UK higher education, and experience of working in learning and teaching administration are all essential.You will have the ability to establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of colleagues, through your excellent interpersonal and team-working skills. Excellent communications skills, both oral and written are essential, as are strong attention to detail and proficiencyin the use of databases and production of dataand statistical reports.
Further information on the work ofLearning and Teaching Development Service can be found at:https://www.ncl.ac.uk/ltds/
This is anopen-endedpost.We would encourage requests for flexible working or job share from our applicants
Informal queries are welcomed and please contactLaura Johnstone, Educational Governance Team Manager:Laura.Johnstone@newcastle.ac.ukor Richard Harrison, Deputy Director of Academic Services
- Recording and maintaining comprehensive and accurate module and programme informationon internal and externalsystems,includingprogramme data in SAPStudent Lifecycle Managementand Student Loans Company returns,and providing advice and guidance to colleagues in faculties and academic units on the operation of these processes
- Providing effective support for the implementation ofUniversitypolicies and processes for studentvoice(including module and stage evaluation and national surveys),compiling accuratestudent data lists forinternal andexternal student surveys, andproviding advice and guidance to colleagues in faculties and academic units on the operation of these processes
- Assisting in the creation and production of a range of data/statistical reports relating to student surveys, programme management and others on an ad hoc basis
- Day-to-day implementation of the University’s policies and systems to support student evaluation of teaching
- Drafting appropriate reports and papers and make presentations to a variety of audiences in order to promote, influence and support the development ofhigh qualitylearning, teaching and the student experience at Newcastle
- Providing effective support as required in the role of minute secretary for one of the committees/groups for which LTDS is responsible
- Contributing to the design of, and delivering, bespoke and generic workshops/training to academic and support staff on processes relating to studentvoice, and programme and module data
- Contributing to the management of internal/external projects to support delivery of objectives set out in the University’sEducationStrategy and/or the LTDS Annual Action Plan
- Any other duties, consistent with the post’s grade, as requested EducationGovernance TeamManager, and or Head of LTDS and/or the Director of Academic Services
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- An up to date knowledge of policy and practice relating to learning and teaching, and to quality assurance and enhancement in Higher Education
- Research skills, including the ability to analyse complex data
- Proficiency in the use of information technology to support administrative work and processes
- Ability to use databases, data visualisation tools (e.g.Power BI, Tableau or equivalent)andweb content management tools
- Experience of working in teaching administration in higher education
- Experience of training and developing others/producing user documentation
- Experience of working in cross-institutional projects in higher education (Desirable)
- Experience of applying research techniques in practice (Desirable)
Attributes and Behaviour
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload, to solve problems and useown initiative effectively, and to work in a flexible and responsive way
- The ability to work effectively within a team
- The ability to establish, maintain and communicate within relevant internal and external networks of contacts across a wide range of partnerships
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- University degree or equivalent
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
We understand how important the full employment package is to our colleagues at Newcastle University and we are committed to providing a great range of benefits and discounts for all. You can learn more about what is available here on ourBenefitsWebsite page.
Requisition ID: 10963