We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £21,814.00 – £23,067.00per annum, pro rata
Newcastle University are looking foryou to work as ahighly motivated, organised and experienced events professional and tojoin ourAdvancement team during an exciting period in its development.
As a member of the Advancement Team, the Events Officer will play an essential role in developing and delivering a range of events, both online and in person, to grow the University’s engagement with its alumni and supporters.
You will be a graduate or equivalent with relevant experience in events management, a strong team player with a drive for delivering an excellent events experience and tangible outcomes.
For informal enquiries, please contact Lauren Huntington, Deputy Director (Alumni and Supporter Engagement) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Alumni Professional Services, please click here
This is a open ended, part time (0.5 FTE) position.
- Responsibility for co-ordinating a wide range of events both in-person and online. Working closely with colleagues across NU Advancement to ensure the events meet specific objectives and align with wider University priorities. Priorities may include alumni engagement, fundraising, stewardship and profile raising.
- To oversee all elements of events (UK and international) to ensure quality and consistency of delivery. Duties may include: developing event plans, liaising with external stakeholders, assessment and booking of appropriate venues; catering and hospitality arrangements, staffing plans, briefing staff and training student ambassadors and volunteers. For digital events, selecting and implementing suitable platforms appropriate to each specific event.
- To maintain the annual events calendar to assist in the preparation and monitoring of the NU Advancement annual plan, budget and workload.
- To establish and maintain administrative systems and processes necessary to support the delivery, monitoring and evaluation of events. This will include extensive use of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Working closely with the Communications team to ensure the timely and effective promotion of events and activities via appropriate channels.
- To establish appropriate systems for monitoring the success of events, reporting on events statistics and outcomes to inform future decision making.
- To be present at events, where appropriate for set up, registration of guests and to provide support for the Alumni Engagement and Philanthropy teams.
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant experience of event management
- Experience of delivering online events and knowledge of online event platforms
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and balance priorities while working on a range of projects simultaneously
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong numerical skills and ability to interpret data and draw recommendations
Attributes and Behaviour
- A strong team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships both within NU Advancement and with other internal and external stakeholders
- A positive attitude to problem solving and a helpful, friendly and customer-focused approach
- Highly organised with the ability to establish systems and processes for others
- Desire and ability to work unsocial hours as required
- Degree and/or professional work experience to demonstrate capability for the role
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 8544