We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £21,814 – £23,067 pro rata
Closing Date: 10 March 2021
You will provide financial, operational and project related support within the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape.
This is a part time post at 50% FTE
For informal enquires please contact the Research and Consultancy Manager, Kim McCartney on email@example.com
- To carry out a range of operational tasks to support the financial processes of the School e.g. purchasing, organising fee and student payments and the preparation and entering of journals and sales invoices.
- To be responsible for coordinating and supporting designated committees, including drafting agendas and taking minutes.
- To support a range of project related tasks including costing, reporting and general administrative support.
- To lead the administration of designated processes in the School, including receiving initial enquiries, application of operating procedures (escalating as appropriate) and monitoring progress.
- To produce reports using SAP and Business Warehouse.
- To manage records relating to the functions of the School, to include responsibility for maintaining database(s); gathering data from multiple sources, extracting reports and ensuring integrity of data.
- Staff management, where relevant.
- Any other duties within the scope and general nature of the grade which may be required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of relevant systems, equipment, processes and procedures including standard software packages
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent I.T. skills in order to manipulate spreadsheets and databases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work quickly and accurately to time in order to meet deadlines.
- Experience of prioritising workload and handling conflicting priorities
- Ability to show a flexible and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Recent relevant experience from a financial or administrative environment.
- Experience of working in Higher Education (Desirable)
- Experience of SAP or other ERP package (Sage, Oracle etc.) (Desirable).
Attributes and Behaviour
- Use appropriate methods to exchange factually correct, clear and concise information.
- Enthusiastically assist with team workload.
- Share relevant and useful information.
- Contribute to and support team decisions.
Planning & Organising
- Work in a planned and structured way.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure workload and deadlines are met.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to resolve actual problems.
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to anticipate and avoid potential problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strives to deliver high quality results.
- Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A to C (including Maths and English) or equivalent standard by experience.
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 5795