We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £19,623.00 – £24,174.00 per annum
Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Food & Beverage Supervisor. Whilst supporting the Hospitality and Commercial Services guiding and motivating the team to be the best they can possibly be, the Food & Beverage Supervisor will need to have presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business and you’ll need to maximise the performance of your team.
Leading by example and setting high standards, you’ll provide our students and customers alike with an outstanding experience and excellent food and beverage service. Food & Beverage Supervisors are key front-line members of the catering team, responsible for supporting the delivery of a world class catering service. You’ll have experience of providing excellent customer service, ideally within catering or hospitality. You’ll be able to motivate individuals to ensure positive and professional standards are consistently met.
Benefits of this role Include:
37 hours a week
Monday to Friday
£11.39 per hour (including holiday pay)
Outstanding Pension scheme
37 Days annual leave
For an informal chat about this role please contact Ian Glover on0191 208 8779 or Ian.firstname.lastname@example.org]
- To supervise and coordinate the daily activities of motivated and competent teams to ensure that a high level of service is delivered in accordance withHospitality and Commercial Services policies, procedures and standards e.g. schedule and assign work, undertake checks and quality control inspections.
- Ensure that work environment and work practices comply with operating procedures, health and safety legislation, food hygiene legislation etc. This involves completing predetermined checklists and promoting health and safety awareness amongst the staff, maintaining good communication and that paperwork etc. is up to date and available.
- Support the line manager in staff recruitment; selection, performance, development and administration e.g. short listing applicants for interview, assisting with interviews, undertaking Performance and Development
- To ensure that residents, staff, visitors, customers and contractors comply with site security procedures e.g. control/issue of keys, key holding accountability etc.
- Ensure staff follow correct procedures in reporting of complaints, defects, damages and hazards so that they are processed and dealt with correctly and that any problems are communicated to customers and line manager.
- Report any concerns relating to a customer’s wellbeing in accordance with Service guidelines to ensure the health and welfare of all.
- Oversee the safe use and storage of all equipment and goods (Electronically hand held tools, chemicals, food and beverages etc.) Ensuring compliance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) standards, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations and Service policy and procedures.
- Assist with all aspects of stock control through accurate record keeping of food products, materials, linen, conference incidentals and literature to ensure levels are sufficient and minimise wastage.
- Organise and assist the University in promotional activities e.g. showing potential students and their parents/guardians around on open days, ensuring an efficient service is provided for Conference delegates, day visitors etc.
- Support the Service’s commitment to training and development by participating fully in training courses designed to improve personal skill levels and knowledge. Oversee and where appropriate deliver training and development to staff e.g. PDR, BICS and Induction.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Literate and numerate (Essential)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety (Essential)
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and Manual Handling Training. (Desirable)
- Barista Training(Desirable)
- Personal Licence Holder(Desirable)
- Computer literate(Essential)
- Working knowledge of software systems – SAP, Saffron, Kinetics, EPOS, Backtraq(Essential)
Attributes and Behaviours
- Excellent people management, interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to motivate and lead teams for successful outcomes.(Essential)
- Previous experience of supervising staff.(Desirable)
- Previous experience of working in a highly customer focussed environment.(Desirable)
- Able to work contracted hours.(Essential)
- Able to work in other locations when required(Essential)
- Food Safety for Caterers Level 2 Certificate(Essential)
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains colleagues from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
We understand how important the full employment package is to our colleagues at Newcastle University and we are committed to providing a great range of benefits and discounts for all. You can learn more about what is available here on ourBenefitsWebsite page.
Requisition ID: 14243