We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £21,814.00 – £23,067.00per annum
Closing Date:15 June2021
We are looking for an enthusiasticand highly motivated Marketing and Campaigns Assistant to join our dynamic Marketing Team.
You will provide invaluable support to the Marketing Planning and Campaigns Team in the delivery of multi-channel campaigns from planning and coordination to implementation and evaluation. You will support this activity across a range of key business priorityareas including: prospective students, research and enterprise.
This is a full time post for 37 hours per week.
For all informal enquiries please contact Sarah Barksby: email@example.com
- Assist the Marketing Campaign team and Channel teams to develop, implement and deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns across diverse audiences
- Provide campaign and project management support across the team, assisting with organising meetings, developing presentations, analysis and reporting
- Support the measurement and evaluation of campaign performance
- Work closelywith all stakeholders to gather content and assets to support campaign delivery
- Provide support for marketing insight and intelligencegathering. This could include but is not limited to: competitor benchmarking, focus groups, creating and analysing surveys, sharing insight from webinar attendance, sharing best practice and trend insight
- Knowledge and experience of creation of online content such as blogs, social media posts and website copy to support campaigns
- Support the delivery and organisation of a range of virtual and on campus events. This can include University Open Days, small events on campus and virtual interactions
- Keep up to speed with marketing channel developments and industry trends
- Contribute to such other relevant duties and activities and keeping up to date with marketing and digital marketing developments as may be identified by Line Manager or relevant senior managers of the Marketing Team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Awareness of issues relating to higher education marketing
- Experience of marketing, in particular a working knowledge of marketing channels, optimisation and monitoring campaign performance
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet Explorer, knowledge of digital marketing channels, social and digital platformsand related technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong writing skills with the ability to adapt to different audiences and media
- Outstanding team working skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience of working and engaging with people
- Demonstrable experience of using initiative
- Experience of report writing
- An understanding of market research
- Experience of event organisation
- Experience of delivering presentations or public speaking to a range of audiences
Attributes and Behaviours
- Manages time and resources by prioritising and organising effectively
- Works continually towards achieving success through understanding and meeting or exceeding the expectations of the area, the University, students, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Uses clear, concise and accurate communication, tailoring the approach accordingly and encouraging a two way communication process
- Works collaboratively with others, plays a positive role in teams and establishes and grows relationships across the organisation where different skills, opinions and expertise are valued
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Marketing qualification or demonstrable experience as part of the degree
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
The University holds a silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our good employment practices for the advancement of gender equality. The University also holds the HR Excellence in Research award for our work to support the career development of our researchers, and is a member of the Euraxess initiative supporting researchers in Europe.
Requisition ID: 8523