Marketing Placement Student
Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £18,709 per annum
Closing Date: 7 April 2021
You must have recently completed the penultimate year of your undergraduate degree at Newcastle University, in any subject discipline in order to be eligible for this role.
The Careers Service Placement Student will provide marketing support within the Careers Service, ensuring our products, services and events are effectively communicated to our key stakeholders.
The post is full time, fixed term for 12 month from August 2021. If you are a penultimate year Newcastle University student looking for a year-long placement in a vibrant and busy marketing team, we want to hear from you.
Newcastle University Careers Service provides opportunities for students and graduates to explore their future career options, and our placement student plays a key role in promoting our services to their peers.
We need an articulate, creative, motivated and resilient colleague to work independently, and as part of a team, to communicate with a wide range of students, graduates, academics and businesses. You’ll have brilliant attention to detail, a flare for writing engaging copy and will be an adept communicator who excels at planning and organising. You’ll also have an interest in design and video editing.
During your time with us you’ll gain a range of experience, including design of marketing materials, video editing, social media planning and market research which will stand you in good stead for your future.
*You must be a registered as a Newcastle University student in 2021/22 to apply for this post.
Interviews will take place on 20 April 2021
Please contact Laura Sharp, Marketing and Events Manager via email email@example.com with any enquiries about the role.
- Work within the Marketing and Events team to provide marketing support to all teams across the service
- Generate new content for blogs, newsletters and social media channels
- Assist in the reporting of monthly social media statistics
- Conduct market research projects
- Contribute new ideas, driven by user demand, for Careers Service activities
- Undertake general tasks and duties as directed by your line manager
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong team player, with ability to work alone when necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills e.g. proposals, reports and presentations
- Able to deal with a variety of people over the telephone in a professional manner
- Use of office IT systems including Word and PowerPoint, databases and web/internet
- Use of social media applications, in particular Facebook and Instagram
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management. Use initiative where appropriate
Attributes and Behaviour
- Flexible approach to work
- Highly customer focussed
- Uses clear, concise and accurate communication, tailoring the approach accordingly and encouraging a two way communication process
- Works collaboratively with others, plays a positive role in teams and establishes and grows relationships across the organisation where
different skills, expertise and opinions are valued
- Manages time and resources by prioritising and organising effectively
- You must have recently completed the penultimate year of your degree at Newcastle University, in any subject discipline
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 5873