We are a world class research-intensive university. We deliver teaching and learning of the highest quality. We play a leading role in economic, social and cultural development of the North East of England. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
Salary: £25,941.00 – £27,511.00
Closing Date: 4 March 2021
We are looking for a talented SEO Copywriter to join the Content Marketing and SEO Team. You will be responsible for identifying, and executing, opportunities to improve our content and our content’s rankings. The SEO Copywriter will be meticulous in checking and evolving our keyword strategy, with a strong focus on long-tail, blog content. Using search data, you will build content strategies, deliver optimised copy and continually monitor the content’s organic performance. You will also be able to use your knowledge of other ranking factors to strengthen our content offering, and support the web services team.
For further information about this post or to have an informal, confidential chat please contact Amy Cousins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is fixed term for 10-11 months depending on start date.
• Supporting the Content Marketing Team to write and optimise on-page and off-page content for the University
• Delivering blog copy in-line with SEO content schedules and campaigns
• Supporting on the delivery of content across marketing channels such as email, organic search and content
• Monitoring the performance of blog content, and revisiting low performing content as required
• Understanding the University’s different audiences, and how to phrase content in order to appeal to each
• Supporting the Content Marketing Team to improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting
• Work closely with Content Writers and Web Developers, to put the SEO strategy into practice, providing advice and guidance
• Supporting the Content Marketing Team to grow on-site content, identifying content gaps and opportunities based on keyword and competitor research
• Use a range of SEO and web analytics tools to monitor and analyse the website and competitors
• Keep up to date with SEO/Digital marketing to ensure best practices are up to date
The Person (Essential)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Good understanding of trends in SEO
• Some knowledge and experience of Google Search Console, Google Trends and Google Analytics
• Excellent written communicator, able to take complex topics and re-word them for a range of audiences
• Experience of content writing
• Good attention to detail and proofing skills
• Can use a range of SEO tools to audit, monitor, and analyse the Newcastle University website and competitors
• An excellent collaborator, working with multiple stakeholders across the
Marketing Team and University
• Highly organised and self-motivated, with the ability to manage complex projects across multiple stakeholders
Attributes and Behaviour
Works collaboratively with others, plays a positive role in teams and establishes and grows relationships across the project where different skills, expertise and opinions are valued. A real team player with great interpersonal and communication skills.
Has a good attention to detail, can identify inconsistencies and typing errors in copy with ease
Uses clear, concise and accurate communication, tailoring the approach accordingly and encouraging a two-way communication process
Able to understand the fears, frustrations and drivers of our audiences, and can deliver marketing messages in a way that’s sensitive to their needs
• Degree-level qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience
Newcastle University is committed to being a fully inclusive Global University which actively recruits, supports and retains staff from all sectors of society. We value diversity as well as celebrate, support and thrive on the contributions of all our employees and the communities they represent.We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital status/civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, as well as being open to flexible working practices.
Requisition ID: 5805