IT Services, 13 Banbury Road Oxford OX26NN
The Managed Network Services team are responsible for the, support and maintenance of local networks for a number of large departments across the University. Based within the 13 Banbury Road IT Services Offices, we are currently looking to recruit a Grade 7 (£32,817-£40,332 pro rata) Network Engineer to allow us to improve and expand the service beyond what is offered today.
The successful candidate will be joining a very busy team and will be expected to be able to contribute to planning and coordinating the specification, installation, configuration, procurement, upgrading, decommissioning and maintenance of the University’s network hardware/software and associated infrastructure. This includes firewalls, switches, WAP’s, UPS’s, monitoring services and other associated equipment. Knowledge of wireless technologies and design planning would be of benefit to this role.
• A good standard of education (minimum A-level or equivalent) with good networking experience on Cisco or HP Aruba switching hardware.
• Reliable, numerate, methodical, meticulous, thorough and adaptable.
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work with staff at all levels in the University.
• A willingness to work as part of a team with an approachable and helpful attitude, and capable of taking a lead role in the team, coordinating multiple tasks and staff members.
• Excellent at problem resolution. Able to work on own initiative, but not afraid take advice or escalate as necessary and to prioritise multiple, and often conflicting, demands.
• Working knowledge of network standards in particular, VLANS, STP, QOS, 802.11 and 802.1x.
• Practical experience with firewalls and creating appropriate rules when requested.
• Able to find, comprehend and apply appropriate technical information.
• Good general IT skills.
Closing date for applications 12pm Wednesday 24th February 2021.
Contact Person :
Vacancy ID :
Contact Phone :
Closing Date & Time :
Contact Email :
Click on the link(s) below to view documentsFilesize
149348 – Network Engineer – JD.docx