Senior Fire Engineer
Estates Services, The Malthouse, Tidmarsh Lane, Oxford
Grade 8: £41,526 – £49,553 per annum
Estates Services is responsible for managing the University of Oxford’s estate within Oxfordshire. There are over 260 buildings that we use for teaching, research, administration, sport, libraries, museums and ceremonial events – called the functional estate – and another 180 properties that we manage commercially, including office space, warehouses and agricultural land and property.
Our vision is to be recognised as delivering world class facilities that support world class research, teaching and learning.
About the role:
Estates Services Compliance Team have created a new role for an experienced Senior Fire Engineer, to be the operational lead on fire safety systems and who will work closely with Estates teams, academic departments and the University Safety Office to aid the management of fire risk across the University Estate.
The role provides an exciting opportunity to work on a large and diverse estate including many buildings of historical significance, and to support a variety of undertakings – from complex capital construction projects to the testing and maintenance of existing fire safety systems. Being a newly created role there is the opportunity for the holder to use their experience to develop new systems of work and contracts where required to support the core role responsibilities.
As an experienced fire safety professional you will use your skills, knowledge and experience to deliver the key role responsibilities. Of particular use will be your:
– Experience in the installation, management, and replacement of fire alarm and detection systems, from the position of the supplier or of the client (or both).
– Thorough working knowledge of fire safety legislation and the ability to apply legislative requirements to operational systems of work.
– Working knowledge of other fire safety systems including: smoke extract systems; emergency lighting; dry risers; hydrants; sprinkler and suppression systems.
– Experience in developing and managing service contracts.
– The ability to work independently, and use your initiative to solve problems and manage multiple stakeholders.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being able to communicate with a diverse audience and to tailor communications appropriately.
This is a permanent, full time role based in central Oxford but with the opportunity to work remotely when suitable.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact George Bennett at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
Contact Person :
Vacancy ID :
Contact Phone :
Closing Date & Time :
Contact Email :
Click on the link(s) below to view documentsFilesize
152592 Senior Fire Engineer – Job Description.docx