Technical Specialist – Innovation Enterprise Zone
Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London’s Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets us apart, it’s our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
A brilliant and friendly person is sought to support clients across the new Innovation Enterprise Zone (IEZ). The IEZ is housed inside the Mellor Building at the University’s College Road campus and includes an incubation space, advanced materials testing and prototyping facilities.
The post holder will coordinate staff and manage a booking system to meet client requirements across a range of testing and prototyping facilities including LIBS, quantum efficiency measurement, micro hardness testing, 3D Scanning, 3D Printing and laser cutting.
The person sought must have a flexible and innovative approach to supporting the technical service requirements, passionate about emerging technology and developing skills in new areas. The role holder will be required to have strong organizational skills, provide an excellent level of customer service with strong people support skills and with the ability to ensure that deadlines are met.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
- We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.