Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Staffordshire University to join our Financial Services department as Finance Business Partner.
Reporting to the Head of Business Partnering, the key duties for this role are:
- Manage the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts with supporting analysis and commentary
- Effectively communicate with and challenge key stakeholders across the University
- Actively participate in Schools and Services business planning to ensure Financial impact is considered
- Lead the forecasting and budgeting process
- Actively contribute to University wide, and Finance projects
- Provide decision making support to the Schools and other departments throughout the University
- Continually review processes, identify and implement improvements
- Any ad hoc tasks as required
- The successful applicant will be a pro-active self-starter, a desire to learn with a keen eye for detail and have proven experience working within a finance environment
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where all can be ourselves and succeed on merit.
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans