Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
About the role
Staffordshire University is a leading Games University in the UK, with an exciting portfolio of courses, which comprise of a range of highly successful undergraduate and postgraduate programmes delivered on-campus and through blended learning.
Staffordshire University won the 2020 TIGA Award for Best Education Institution, and the Grads and Games Awards 2020 for Higher Education Institution. Many of our Games courses are TIGA Accredited and the university is also the home to the Epic Games Centre and is a SideFX certified institution.
The area of Esports has seen a rapid expansion, so we are looking for an enthusiastic, positive candidates with a “can do attitude” to join the exciting and successful Department of Games and Visual Effects, within The Digital, Technologies and Arts
We are looking for experienced candidates in Esports Events Management who have demonstrable excellence in a range of relevant skills including
- Demonstratable excellence of the Esports Events Management with a portfolio of events.
- Demonstratable excellence in either Tournament Management, Managing Digital Events, Managing Arena events or another esports events related specialism.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach the event production pipeline, along with appropriate design considerations/theory to students.
- Demonstrate and ability to plan and run digital events and livestreaming campaigns
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with the Esports teaching team to identify current trends and evolving technologies in the industry and the application to the teaching learning environment.
- You would be expected to engage with enterprise activity, as well as developing your individual research and university research profiles. You will also be expected to contribute to engagement with schools, colleges and recruitment activities. We ensure the success of our courses through constant meaningful collaboration with the games industry, which you will be a part of.
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available:
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans