Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
About the role
Staffordshire University is a leading Games University in the UK, with an exciting portfolio of courses, which comprise of a range of highly successful undergraduate and postgraduate programmes delivered on-campus and through blended learning.
We won the 2020 TIGA Award for Best Education Institution, and the Grads and Games Awards 2020 for Higher Education Institution. Many of our Games courses are TIGA Accredited and the university is also the home to the Epic Games Centre and is a SideFX certified institution.
The area of Games Art has seen a rapid expansion, so we are looking for enthusiastic, positive candidates with a “can do attitude” to join the exciting and successful Games Art Team within the Department of Games and Visual Effects.
We are looking for experienced candidates in Games Art who have demonstrable excellence in a range of Games are skills including
- Demonstratable excellence of the 3D Games Art Pipeline in a portfolio of work.
- Demonstratable excellence in either Environment Art, Character Art, Technical Art or another specialism.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach the asset production pipeline, along with appropriate design considerations/theory to students.
- Demonstrate and ability to recreate and author materials/surfaces for games assets
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with the Games Art teaching team to identify current trends and evolving technologies in the industry and the application to the teaching learning environment.
- You would be expected to engage with enterprise activity, as well as developing your individual research and university research profiles. You will also be expected to contribute to engagement with schools, colleges and recruitment activities. We ensure the success of our courses through constant meaningful collaboration with the games industry, which you will be a part of.
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available:
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans