Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
About the role
Staffordshire University is a leading Games University in the UK, with an exciting portfolio of courses, which comprise of a range of highly successful undergraduate and postgraduate programmes delivered on-campus
It is the home of the UK’s Epic Games Centre and the university has won national awards for educational initiatives with the Games Industry.
The area of Games Design has seen a rapid expansion, so we are looking for an enthusiastic, positive candidates with a “can do attitude” to join the exciting and successful Department of Games and Visual Effects, within The Digital, Technologies and Arts
We are looking for experienced candidates in Games Design who have demonstrable excellence in a range of Games are skills including
- Demonstratable excellence in the Unreal & or Unity Engine
- Demonstratable excellence in Games Engine Asset Pipelines
- Demonstrate the ability to teach the games design theory and production pipeline considerations to students.
- Demonstrate the ability to prototype games and or levels
- Demonstrate a willingness to work with Games Art and Design software such as Adobe Suite, Autodesk 3ds Max etc.
- You would be expected to engage with enterprise activity, as well as developing your individual research and university research profiles. You will also be expected to contribute to engagement with schools, colleges and recruitment activities. We ensure the success of our courses through constant meaningful collaboration with the games industry, which you will be a part of.
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available:
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans