PA to the Director of HR&OD and Administrative support to HR&OD Department
Human Resources & Organisational Development
Who is Staffordshire University?
Staffordshire University is an award-winning institution with over 100 years’ experience in delivering excellent higher education. Our main Stoke-on-Trent campus is located in the heart of the UK, with Centres of Excellence located in the towns of Stafford and Shrewsbury.
After a highly successful year in 2019, which included entering THE World University rankings for the first time, securing TEF Gold, and climbing in all the league tables, our University has constantly expanded its physical presence through new and industry-leading building developments and facilities. Looking towards our 2030 strategy, we are now transforming specific business processes to improve the student experience and integrate a wider feeling of inclusion and safety for our on-campus community.
About the role
In line with our business transformation, we are offering an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to flourish in a PA and Administrative support role, as part of our Human Resources and Organisational Development team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the provision of a comprehensive, professional PA support service, alongside providing excellent HR administrative support to the wider function.
The main responsibilities for our PA to the Director of HR&OD and Administrative Support to the HR&OD Department will include:
- To effectively manage the diary of the Director of HR&OD and the team calendar
- Provide PA support to the Director of HR & OD including Inbox Management, Invoicing for the HR Department and other general activities as required.
- To organise internal and external meetings on behalf of the senior management team, to plan, co-ordinate agendas for, assemble papers for and to take minutes at meetings and to ensure follow up actions are completed
- To produce high-quality documentation on behalf of the team, including internal and external correspondence, reports and presentations.
- To initiate correspondence on behalf of the Director of HR&OD and the SMT, including the composition of draft responses to emails, letters and other formal correspondence. Responsible for accurate filing and storing of employee data according to data protection requirements.
- To collate papers and related briefing material, using an appropriate bring-forward system, in advance of the schedule of meetings and appointments etc
- To provide support to the wider HR team including note taking for investigation meetings, monitoring stationary, raising orders and processing invoices using the computerised financial system in accordance with the University’s Financial Regulations.
- Deliver excellent customer service, clear and concise communication and respond to all enquiries in a timely manner in line with the service SLA.
- To assist with aspects of the recruitment process, both internal and external appointments, secondments, and the issuing of new or revised contracts of employments.
- Act as first point of contact for all HR enquiries you will provide basic first line advice and guidance referring employees to appropriate policies and procedures available via the intranet or escalating to advisors or wider team where appropriate.
- Process administrative activity relating to the employee life cycle including onboarding, personal changes, contractual changes, parental leave, sickness, and leaver information in line with the requirements of employment legislation, audit requirements, GDPR, confidentiality and policy and procedures.
- To undertake any other responsible duties as may be required from time to time.
In return for your dedication we have a competitive benefits package available
- Competitive incremental rates of Pay
- Starting from 29 days Annual Leave (depending on job grade) plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to continued professional and personal development
- An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
- Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans