Positions exist for new postdoctoral Research Fellows in the Department of Engineering, to work on the FUTUREROADS-COFUND programme. The aim of Future Roads is to recruit, train and support individual fellows who wish to contribute towards an improved future for the road industry. The programme is aimed at high-potential individuals primarily interested in following a career in the transportation infrastructure sector or academia. The post holder will be located in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK.
More information on the programme and additional details of the individual project areas can be found at: https://drf.eng.cam.ac.uk
Research will be primarily based in at least one of the following areas, applied to road infrastructure: Digital twins, Smart materials, Data science, Automation and robotics, Sustainability solutions. The key responsibilities and duties are to:
- Devise, implement, and test solution(s) that address the aim of the programme;
- Disseminate outcomes and author reports;
- Develop research objectives and proposals for own or joint research;
- Conduct individual and collaborative research;
- Write up research work for presentation and publication.
In addition, the researcher will be expected to:
- Attend secondments with industrial and academic partners;
- Attend the programmes training sessions;
- Report to and present research methods and outcomes in management meetings and annual workshops;
- Plan the use of research resources, laboratories and workshops as appropriate;
- Plan and manage own research activity in collaboration with others.
The skills, qualifications and experience required to perform the role are:
- A PhD degree – applicants must be able to provide proof of their PhD award.
- Specialist knowledge with sufficient breadth/depth in one or more of the areas relevant to the Future Roads programme.
- Good communication skills.
Applicants must be available to start their fellowship as soon as possible from the date of receiving the fellowship offer. They must also comply with the MSCA Mobility rule (explained in the Guide for Applicants on the programme website https://drf.eng.cam.ac.uk)).
Salary will be in the region of £38,498 + additional allowances
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 36 months in the first instance.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please ensure that you are uploading the following supporting documents to the Online Portal in addition to this template document:
- Cover letter, CV, publication list (merged as one document).
- Project description & plan (one document).
- Degree certificates (merged as one document).
- Ethics form.
- Reference letters (merged as one document).
These should be uploaded in the upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact the Future Roads Programme Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org regarding queries related to the application process.
Please submit your application by midnight on the closing date.
Please quote reference NM29268 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- HR7_Future Roads Fellow