The Head of Asset Management will provide strategic leadership and oversight to ensure maintenance investment in all physical assets across the University Estate is aligned to University strategic aims and masterplan, ensuring optimum effectiveness and efficiency of resources deployed to identify and maintain value. The role will be accountable for annual maintenance and asset replacement budgets in excess of £30m and a large and diverse asset management team comprising more than 80 technical, administrative and managerial staff. The remit includes buildings and grounds maintenance, asset strategy, statutory compliance, building surveying, contracts management, operational readiness, and engineering excellence, along with relationship management of key external service providers.
This is a key leadership role within the Estates Operations function with significant impact across the University Estate. The role holder will provide strategic oversight, accountability and leadership of the asset management functions to drive asset performance, fitness for purpose and compliance. They will also act as a key interface with the Estates Development, Programme Delivery, Property Management and Sustainability functions.
The ideal candidate for this role will join us with the following experience, knowledge and skills:
- Significant and demonstrable senior leadership experience in Asset Management with large and complex estates.
- Significant experience in planning and managing built asset maintenance activities.
- Development and implementation of Asset Management policy, processes and systems.
- Experience in managing and controlling budgets, resources and funding.
- Extensive experience of leading and managing teams, with the ability to plan and manage work activities, communicate and prioritise workloads.
- Experience of working in the higher education sector.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder relationship management skills at all levels.
- Strong commercial acumen, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage complex projects under time challenging conditions.
- Budgeting, reporting and analysis of financial data
- Demonstrable analytical and report-writing skills, with the ability to present complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Qualified to Degree Level or Level 7 Business or Management qualification
- Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. RICS, CIBSE, IWFM, IAM, CMI)
This is an exciting time to join one of the world’s oldest and most successful universities globally.
For a confidential conversation please get in touch with our engaged consultants at Maxwell Stephens; either Peter Forshaw (email@example.com) OR Robyn Powner (firstname.lastname@example.org). Both Peter and Robyn are available on Tel: 0207 118 4848.
More information about the role can be found at: https://www.maxwellstephens.com/vacancies/client-direct/36258/
To apply please send both a CV and a couple of paragraphs on why you feel you are suited to this exciting requirement to email@example.com with reference: MSCAMHOAM.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.