Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance.
From gravity to computers, evolution to pulsars, for 800 years the University of Cambridge has helped brilliant minds collaborate and create.
An opportunity has become available at University Information Services (UIS), for a Product Manager with a background in the design of digital products and services. This is a new position within UIS and will involve establishing the product management capability.
You will join a growing team of user researchers, analysts and designers, working to transform products and services used by the University’s ~60,000 students and staff.
Your work will be varied and unique, including improving the experience of prospective students applying to Cambridge, and enabling researchers to find and manage grants to support their research activities.
You’ll get the chance to collaborate and interact with some of the finest minds in the world, sharing data, insight and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the University’s success.
This is a permanent role, usually based on the University’s West Cambridge Site. However, currently you will be expected to work remotely.
As Lead Product Manager, you will:
- Provide direction and leadership for multidisciplinary product teams in running, supporting and continuously improving products
- Own and be responsible for developing and articulating a clear vision, achievable goals and measurable objectives for your products
- Build the product management capability within UIS, creating a high performing team through recruitment, coaching and line management of product managers.
- Identify career pathways and learning & development opportunities for individuals with transferable skills within UIS.
- Develop the product management strategy, with a focus on operational maturity and ensuring the creation of common user-centred practices.
Are you the right candidate?
- Be as interested in developing people as developing products.
- Passionate about shaping future direction not maintaining the ‘status quo’.
- Proven track record for delivering and evolving great digital products by working with multiple teams in an agile delivery environment, balancing user needs, business value and technical decisions.
- Extensive experience managing technical products or online services, and proficient with web services, online technologies and user interface design.
- Experience of creating and developing product strategy, and direction of work from discovery through to continuous improvement in a live setting.
- Ideally experience of working to Government Digital Service standards
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
We welcome applications from individuals who wish to be considered for part-time working or other flexible working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from women and candidates from a BME background for this vacancy as they are currently under-represented at this level in our Institution.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
For queries regarding this post please contact Chris Mitchell: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 10 March 2021.
Please quote reference VC25351 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Lead Product Manager Further Particulars