Do you want to be part of a global community working with influential leaders and innovators to drive transformative action for people, nature, and climate?
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential organisation which for 30 years has pioneered approaches to purpose-led sustainable business, policy and finance.
Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business, finance and government look to accelerate progress after COP26, raise ambition and deliver on the commitments made. Our mission is to develop a sustainable economy, which restores nature and creates fair and equal societies we can thrive in alongside tackling climate change.
From March 2022 we will be based in a cutting-edge sustainable headquarters in the centre of Cambridge. The Entopia Building will drive collaboration by housing CISL’s staff alongside a community of ambitious sustainability start-ups, researchers, and collaborators, whilst providing an exemplar of innovation as world-leading sustainable retrofit building.
CISL has a strong focus on the finance sector. Our Centre for Sustainable Finance team works with groups of leading firms in the global investment, banking and insurance industries (through ClimateWise, the Investment Leaders Group (ILG), Banking Environment Initiative (BEI) and group respectively to help them play a leading role in building a more sustainable economy.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to join the Centre for Sustainable Finance as a Project Manager supporting the ClimateWise initiative. ClimateWise
The project manager will ensure the smooth running of ClimateWise by managing and overseeing all operational and administrative tasks to deliver the highest quality service to our members. Representing a growing global network of leading insurance industry organisations, ClimateWise helps to align its members’ expertise to directly support society as it responds to the risks and opportunities of climate change.
This is a key role within the Centre for Sustainable Finance linking the ClimateWise initiative to other initiatives within the Centre and also more widely within CISL and the University.
- Proactive management of membership information, ensuring accurate records at all times.
- Seamless delivery of both online and in-person member meetings at practitioner and C-suite level including issuing papers and minuting.
- Ensuring smooth financial processes including invoicing and tracking, raising purchase orders, budget oversight and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain professional relations with key external stakeholders such as subject matter experts, academics, procurement, and event organisers, as well as CISL and University of Cambridge stakeholders
- Maintaining knowledge of CISL and University systems and processes, supporting and training other team members where necessary.
- Secretarial support to the Senior Programme Manager including diary and travel coordination.
- Development and oversight of tracking systems to ensure tasks are delivered in a timely manner e.g. annual due diligence.
- Ensure website content is up-to-date and refreshed as needed.
- Supporting delivery of key initiative outputs such as reports.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy please contact Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN28566 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Further Information