Associate Lecturers in Theatre/Acting
The Department of Theatre at the University of Chichester has an international reputation for making exciting and innovating theatre. It offers a range of performance-based, highly practical degree programmes at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, all designed to encourage students to think for themselves, create original theatre and prepare for careers in the arts industries.
We have a number of teaching roles opening up on a range of modules across all our Undergraduate Theatre and Acting degrees at levels 4 and 5. These modules are delivered in the second semester, starting January 2022.
Level 4 (first year) Acting Skills (Text) – 80 hours in total
Level 5 (second year) Acting Skills (Classical Theatre) – 50 hours in total
Level 4 Practical Dramaturgy – 25 hours in total
Level 4 Text and Deconstruction – 36 hours in total
Level 4 Site-Specific Performance – 36 hours in total
(A number of these roles could be combined for a suitable candidate).
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- You should be educated to Masters’ level and/or have significant experience in professional practice linked to the area of learning (Stanislavski, Classical Theatre, Text and Dramaturgy, Creative Management, Deconstruction in Contemporary Performance, Verbatim Theatre, Site Specific work etc.)
- You should have experience in teaching and assessment in Higher Education Theatre/Acting programmes, capable in developing your own schemes of work in consultation with a module co-ordinator
- You should be able to demonstrate good pastoral skills and be able to manage intensive workloads
- You should be well-organised, easily accessible and have good written and oral communication skills
The University of Chichester embraces all forms of diversity and aspires to be a fully inclusive and representative employer and so we encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people.
- Closing Date: 31 October 2021
- Interview Date: Likely to take place on 5 November 2021 via Teams
Click here to download and save the job profile.
Soc code: n/a