Depending on the type of information we collect, we use your personal information in several different ways. Data sharing improves our service to you. Data sharing on our site allows job seekers to access an even broader database of job listings and employers, and for employers to access more job seekers. For example, our site may use and share your previous search and browsing history (e.g. the jobs you click on) and your CV or profile information to determine relevant search results, job alerts, display and moderate career insights, such as company reviews, job listing salary data, interview tips and more.
We use Google Analytics to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns across our website. We may collect information including your IP address, location data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and details of the number of times you visit our website. This information is anonymous and is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. You have the right to opt-out and you can opt-out by following this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your device when you visit our website. We collect this data to give you the best web browsing experience possible on our site. Cookies also enhance our website performance in several ways, including providing a secure way for us to verify your identity during your visit to our website. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include; identifying returning users, enabling customers to move more easily around our site, and analysing usage trends.
Some examples of Cookies we use include Session Cookies to operate our Service, Preference Cookies to remember your preferences, and Security Cookies for security purposes. You can choose to opt out of using cookies by disabling them in your web browser’s settings. You don’t need to turn cookies on to use our website (however certain features and content may not be available to you). More information about cookies can be found at www.cookiecentral.com/faq.
Communication you have with us
This includes any communication data that you send to us through our contact form, telephone, or any other method. Any information emailed to us is stored on our mail server allowing us to respond to your query via email or telephone (should this be provided). When we collect this from you, we perform a contract with you, so that you can expect the best possible customer service from us.
Links to other sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us such as LinkedIn and Facebook. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, Privacy Policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services. It is your responsibility to read and understand these Privacy Policies first before visiting their sites or apps.
Marketing messages and adverts
If you have said yes to receiving marketing messages, you also have the right to opt-out. If you choose to opt-out, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. It may take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time by:
- Going into your account setting
- Clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email we send to you
- Contacting our Customer Care team
We use Google Tag Manager to provide targeted adverts for products and services that we believe you would be interested in. Information from the accounts you link to us, such as Facebook and Instagram, enable you to log into our website simply and easily without having to create an account with us. You can opt out through Facebook by clicking here https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads.
You may see adverts from us on careersinhe.com online. Like many other companies, we target our banners and ads to you. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges. We use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers. Including specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
Why we collect your data
- To provide, monitor and improve any service we offer to you.
- To analyse your use of our website via cookies.
- To prevent and detect fraud against you or us.
- To operate and ensure the security of our website.
- To process Personal Data to provide services to you.
- Data Sharing Means more employers, more job listings and more job seekers.
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To protect and defend the rights of our site.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the site.
- To protect against any legal liability.
Third parties and service providers
We do our best to safeguard your personal information and explain to you why and how we use your data. We do not sell any of your Personal Data to any third party – including your name and email address. We want to earn and maintain your trust and we believe this is essential in order do that.
We will always ask you for consent and inform you of what Personal Data we need to provide the service provider to access their relevant services. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How we keep your information safe
The security of our data is extremely important to us and we take extreme precaution when safeguarding the personal information, you provide to us.
- All the information you give us is protected by a secure server.
- We have procedures in place to deal with suspected Personal Data breaches and we will notify you if we are legally required to do so.
- We keep your information safe by securing our networks and systems with up-to-date security mechanisms such as software and hardware firewalls, system monitoring, encryption and anti-virus software on all our systems.
Whilst we do our best to ensure security, we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Transfer of data
How long we retain information about you
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it. Including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, anti-fraud and accounting requirements. We regularly review the contents of our webform submissions to remove any we no longer deem to be important for the effective running of our business.
We may ask you to provide us with additional documentation to verify your identity before we action any of these requests.
- You have the right to access and ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to request us to erase, restrict and stop processing certain data we have about you.
- You have the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used.
- You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Lytton Strachey Path,
This policy was last updated on August 2020.